Here’s my complaint letter I just sent to MOD Modern Housing Soloutions – Most useless people I have ever had to deal with grrrrr.
Where do I begin??? I am appalled at the service we have received from Modern housing, the day we moved into our house we were showed around by two people who had no enthusiasm for the property themselves in so many words they were telling us the property was shit – which it was! It stunk to high heaven of curry and although we were told this smell would go away we wound up having doors and windows open for weeks and spending around £30 plus on candles airfreshners and cleaning products – that house was filthy!!! I refuse to believe it was ever cleaned the pantry when wiped over with a cloth was orange with greasy dirt!!! It took me days to clean it out – something I did not relish having to do when I’ve just moved over from Germany and have other things I need to set up and sort!! The kitchen was dirty in the cupboards and the cooker was by no means immaculate and didn’t work!!! ( we had to wait a week to get it fixed as it wasn’t a priority to you as the top grill worked). My mother came over that weekend and set to helping me clean the property (she started wiping down doors and walls – the water was black! I’m not usually one to complain we all chipped in and cleaned the property and left it at that.) oh nearly forgot – Lampshades!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!! I took them down to put our own up they were thick with dust and grease I swear I have never seen anything as revolting as that in my life.
I have spent months on end from the day we moved in reporting jobs and complaining (feel free to look back on how many jobs I had done at that property). As I have so many complaints I will list them to make it easier.
1. You painted the walls of the outside of the property and got paint everywhere as no covers were put down – paint was all over the yard and all over our garden furniture.
2. I have reported the fact that on the back door even when locked you can see daylight through it and feel a draught which requires heating on constantly as that house is freezing without (false economy) so cheers for all our electric bills we have been forking out on because you insist on keeping a house that is inhabitable up. – Have a look how many times someone has been out to fix that door and done a shit job so we have called them out again and again
3. The house is subsiding, there are massive cracks all over the house, the cupboard door in the living room has had to be plained down on numerous occasions because it wont shut properly, the bathroom door is the same and so is the shed door. again all helping towards that elusive draught we talked about and high electricity bills .
4. A broken sink that needed to be replaced – it was and was poorly done that the sink actually moves now.
5. A kitchen cupboard door that needed to be replaced as it would not shut properly.
6. Mould all over the bathroom – when I reported this I was told “well your leaving soon, it’s a big job you will have to make do with it until then as you have a baby and you wouldn’t want us carrying out a big job like that out!!!!” Well excuse me that is a health hazard, have you guys any idea of how bad black mould is to health and you think I want that leaving in the house for a minute with a newborn – 6 month old baby in the house?? All because your people didn’t want to get off there arses and fix the problem – Obviously our health isn’t important to you! there is also mould in the bedroom.
7. I reported a leak coming from our ceiling in the bedroom, after a month (yes I left it a month as sometimes that’s how long it took for someone to get back to me regarding jobs anyway) I rang up enquiring about the job to find out someone had completed the job even though nobody had even been around – it took 3 months until it was finally sorted 2 weeks of which I was left with scaffolding up.
8. I have noticed that around the house jobs have been poorly done, when cleaning the house for move out I was scrubbing at the sides of the cooker wondering why the hell grease was not coming off the side – guess why that was?!? I’m sure you already know. It was because the cooker had been painted as a quick fix to cover grease marks.
9. No care taken! where did the painters learn their trade? Because they can’t keep within the “lines” the bathroom paint has been splashed around here and there and as a result is all over the floor and walls.
To be honest there is such a long list of jobs and some which I haven’t bothered reporting as what is the point? Nothing ever truly gets resolved and after speaking to many people on camp they feel the same way and they get sick of keep reporting jobs there’s just no point.
I wasn’t there for handover as me and my daughter moved to my parents as removals had taken our furniture but my husband has informed me he has been charged £38 to have our cooker cleaned?? I find it ridiculous you feel that our cooker wasn’t clean enough as it was certainly cleaner that when we moved in and I highly doubt that £38 is going to be used to clean it. It is also ridiculous that you greedily accepted our offer to leave blinds up which cost us £150.00 which we felt we had no option to get as a way of keeping draught from the door out – nothing like a bit of give and take is there??
The lady who came around on handover said to my husband “we will be replacing the carpet at the bottom of the stairs (there is a cut in the carpet – which was there when we moved in which was noted on our 14 day move in sheet) as it is a health hazard” you knew this was a health hazard then so why wasn’t it done for us? We have lived there for 18 months – Again no real concern for our health and safety. She also said you will be replacing the kitchen – so why the big worry about charging us for a cooker? The lady also wanted to charge us for a grill pan and the only reason she didn’t was because she didn’t have a sheet to bill us for it. We never had one and how can we report it on our 14 day move in if we never knew we were meant to have one? She was apparently snotty when my husband told her we never had one and said “well if you happen to come across it, send it back to us”. I find this incredibly rude. It was also noted that you plan on redecorating and painting, if this is the case why was it so necessary for us to have to paint back what was the nursery back to magnolia when it’s all going to be painted over anyway?
I know for a fact that the carpets have never been cleaned as we purchased our own carpet cleaner and when it came to doing the nursery carpets (bearing in mind we barely used that room as our baby slept with us, my parents have visited us a handful of times and on these occasions slept in that room for a couple nights so there has never been any real traffic going through that room yet when it came to using the carpet cleaner the water was black and had grit in it – I would have hated to think I had put my baby on that carpet.
You say on your website you welcome feedback good and bad, so here you go.